Pages

Game of Thrones (1996)



Who hasn't heard of Game of Thrones, George R. R. Martin's first novel in the A Song of Ice and Fire series? Not many, but I still need to talk about this series because I am reading it right now and I have to talk about it somewhere. Now let's see whether you should read it, if you haven't already.




I can't recommend these books to everyone. You shouldn't read them if (1) You do not watch rated R movies as these books contain enough violence, language, and sex to firmly plant it in R territory, or (2) You cannot abide to see your favorite characters suffer, because everyone suffers in these books, and some of them die, often in horrible ways.


The series so far are five epic fantasy novels focusing on the struggle for power. There are three main storylines: war for the kingdom in the west, an exiled princess trying to regain her throne in the east, and zombies. The zombies are my favorite part.


I'm not going to insert portions of the books in here because nothing can really work as a teaser trailer for a series of epic novels. HBO made a television series based on the novels, however, so here's the teaser trailer for that. WARNING: if you aren't a fan of naked strangers, do not watch this show. I haven't even seen it and I can tell you that. The trailer's fine, though, unless you're offended by whispering.



You can read the first pages of Game of Thrones here.

No comments:

Post a Comment